Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Bowl number 86



Lilian and I have decided to start waking up early in the morning to walk. We just started yesterday but it is great. I looooove waking up early and as if it wasn’t pretty enough here already, it is so gorgeous and tranquil at 5:00 in the morning. The sun is rising over the mountains, everything feels fresh and cool, all of the birds are singing, there aren’t many other people around. It is also nice because I get to spend time just chatting with Lilian. Yesterday was nice because when we got back to the house, I still had plenty of time before breakfast to work some. That was cool because if I hadn’t gotten a head start I wouldn’t have finished before the afternoon pick-up game. Today…we walked down to the eco-lodge as usual and went to say hello to Otoniel at the stable. When we got there, Lilian half-jokingly told Otoniel that we were going to feed the pigs for him today. She looked at me laughing and I said let’s go. So we did. We went to the back of the kitchen to get the food scraps. We had to split it into two bags it was so heavy and each bag probably still weighed between 30 and 40 pounds. Then we walked….I don’t know, a quarter mile to where the dirt path to the pig stables are. The path itself was also probably about a quarter mile and it was a quarter mile of purely mud and stones straight uphill. When we got there we fed the pigs then while they were eating we used buckets of water and a broom to clean out the pens. It was quite a process. I was definitely a little nervous when Lilian was said ok you do this one and I’ll do the other. I was said what? Go inside with them. She said yeah grab a bucket and a broom and wash out all of the poop and stuff. So that is what we did. After we finished cleaning, we gave them their allotted amount of regular pig feed and headed back down the mountain then walked through campus and back up the trail to go back home. When we got home it was about 7:45.

No comments:

Post a Comment