Thursday, May 27, 2010

Afternoon bread and coffee number who knows what



3:36pm and it is still raining as hard as ever. I spent the morning painting while Lilian was cleaning house. After lunch I laid down in my bed and ended up passing out for about two hours. I didn’t even think I was sleepy but it is amazing what a full stomach, a gloomy day and sound of rain can do. It is not looking like Working or Running s going to happen today so I guess I will just sip my coffee, eat my cake and finish my paining. I wanted to do something but I haven’t really had a day like this in ages.

I finished the paining right as Otoniel was getting back. I never get to just sit down and finish paintings any more. It was a lot of fun. When Otoniel got back, I was still a little anxious from sitting inside all day. I didn’t work at all, I didn’t end up going running with Eduardo aaand I took a long nap. In an attempt to be somewhat useful, I helped Otoniel bag the one eighth of a cow that he had just spent all day butchering. It was cool seeing all of the cuts of meat and realizing that they had been a cow that morning. You might think that would be gross, but it is so much more natural that way, knowing exactly where it came from, that those four men had labored all day to prepare it and that none of it was wasted. In fact, we got the tongue. Lilian looked up a recipe for tongue and salsa that we are going to make tomorrow and we had liver and onions in a tortilla last night and this morning in our rice and beans. mmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment