Monday, May 31, 2010

Bowl number 54





A lot has happened in the last couple of days but I got behind on my blogging. Last night there was a little fiesta at the eco-lodge for the Literature group(the group I flew in with) because they left this morning. They had all been doing homestays for a few days so all of their home stay families came and there was a piñata and dancing. It was funny knowing several of the families that were there. After the fiesta the group went to a local restaurant/bar/music lounge in town. Alex and two of the naturalists and I went with them and then joined the other naturalists and some people who work at the eco-lodge at Bar Amigos. They have live music on Fridays so there are usually a fair amount of locals there. We all just hung out and danced. I got back home at about 1:30. I took a nap after breakfast before going to clear the debris that we had just chopped down. It was hard work, but the weather was beautiful. After finishing up, I drank a lot of water and headed down to the eco-lodge to catch the daily pick-up game. Turns out they were playing for about and hour and half today instead of a half an hour. By the time we finished, I had been exerting myself for almost five hours with not much of a break in between. I was beat. Luckily Hernán, one of the guys that we play soccer with, was going my direction, so I got a ride home. Nothing like a moto ride through the mountains to cool you off after a sweaty game of soccer. I was ready to collapse when I got home, only to find Eduardito hiding behind the door to my room. I ate a late lunch, took an amazing shower and told Eduardo I couldn’t even play hang man until I got a nap. After an evening of persistence, Eduardo some how had me playing soccer in the front yard with him by 5:00 or so (I am sure the afternoon coffee and tortillas had a little something to do with it). Tomorrow I am going to an all day hangout/ celebration for the San Luis team who recently won the local championship. I am not sure exactly how many people will be there, but I will at least know a bunch of the guys we play soccer with, Alex and surely a few others. All I know is I am meeting the bus in the street tomorrow at 7:30, it is about an hour and a half away, there are soccer fields, a pool, and it will be like a big pot-luck. I am pretty excited about it but I can’t imagine how my body is going to feel in the morning, I have exhausted just about every muscle I have over the last few days not to mention the bruises and blisters…

No comments:

Post a Comment