Monday, May 17, 2010

Tilapia!




I usually sit around in my pajamas and read and/or talk to Alicia before Otoniel gets back and then change into working clothes after we finish breakfast. Yesterday however, I got dressed first because every time I go out in the morning, Otoniel has already watered the seeds, which I keep saying that I will do. I’m sure he doesn’t care at all but I decided I would beat him to it. So after breakfast, two people stop by and by the time they are both gone it is almost 10:00 and we still hadn’t gone out to work. I asked him if we were working today and he said it’ s Sunday. It is our free day. Anxious to do something, I went down to the eco-lodge. I hung out around there talking to the staff and reading my book. A short time after I got back, Lindsay called to see if I wanted to go down to Lelo’s ranch. She was taking Matt, the new assistant director, and Alex. We left at 4:00 and stayed till 7:00. It was so great. Lindsay gave us a tour of all of san Luis on our way there because Lelo’s is in Lower San Luis and we are in Alto San Luis. It was pretty much just us four and Lelo’s family. It was a lot of fun Alex and Matt are so nice I get along with both of them really well. Lindsay treated us to a drink and fresh caught, fried tilapia. We ate and drank and talked and walked around Lelo’s ranch and then went back to the eco-lodge for dance lessons! I was amazed and delighted that everything came back to me really fast. I danced with Elisha, one of the naturalists who knew what he was doing. We had a great time. The classes last almost two hours and we danced the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment