Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bowl number 39









So Alex, Scott, Kate and I decided we were going to try and get in shape for la Carrera Reserva Monteverde, a 12 kilometer trail/road race through Santa Elena and the Monteverde reserve. I highly doubt that it I will be able to run it even if we do train everyday for a month, which is the plan. It will still be nice to try and push myself to get in shape for something and if we do it that would be awesome. I watched a video of a 10k that Eduardito did here in February and it looked absolutely brutal. The hills are insane and practically the whole thing is hills, not to mention the fact that I couldn’t even do a flat 12k right now. Today was only the second day of “training” it wears me out but I like it so far. I think I will start to enjoy it more once I get used to running here.
Today has been pretty lazy, besides waking up and running, I have just hung out with Eduardito doing random things around the house. Otoniel is building a fence, which I helped with yesterday by helping haul the posts out of the woods as he cut them and I helped him dig some of them in. There wasn’t much for me to do today though, so Eduardo and I just walked around playing with the camera.

1 comment: