Friday, May 21, 2010

Breakfast at Lelo's




The game was a lot of fun. I pulled something earlier yesterday when I was playing at 12:00 so I could hardly run or kick the ball. That was really frustrating because we were playing with new people and I was pretty useless. I did tell them when we were playing a shooting game at the beginning that I couldn’t shoot because I had pulled something earlier. They said it doesn’t matter, that I could use my left foot. I rolled my eyes and took my three shots. They were actually pretty good and I made one of the goals. We played from about 4:30 ‘til it got dark at about 6:00. The field is amazing. We were playing soccer surrounded by misty mountains on all sides and there were flocks of little emerald parrots squawking and flying back and forth over us the whole time. Alex and I walked back to Lelo’s ranch and sat and chatted with his wife and him and drank a couple of cold beers. Dinner was delicious. Lelo wouldn’t let us pay. I tried to insist since he was already giving us a place to bathe and sleep but he refused. By 9:30 or so we were all wiped out. I had no trouble falling asleep, but I woke up in the middle of the night and had trouble going back to sleep. It was a particularly hot night and super humid. At one point it started to pour rain. The roof of the house is tin and it was incredible how loud the roar of the rain was. By the early morning it had cooled off and I slipped in and out of sleep. At about 6:00 I heard “Laura, hay café ya si quiere” So I got up, folded my blanket and had coffee and empanadas with everyone before Lindsay cam to pick Alex and I up and take us to the eco-lodge.

No comments:

Post a Comment