Saturday, May 15, 2010

Bowl number ten + pizza

Ok scratch that last one. I came back to the house around 1:30 and Alicia asked me if I had eaten. I told her no but I wasn’t hungry, that I had eaten ice cream at la fabrica and then played soccer. However while I was sitting in the living room she brought out a bowl of rice and a bowl of beans and some sausage. So…Bowl number nine. Then tonight Lilian made a pizza and a calzone. It is so funny eating rural Costa Rica version of pizza and calzone haha or as Lilian jokingly called it, empanada de pizza☺ It was really good. It had homemade pizza crust that was good but uniquely latin american and ham and onions and peppers and cheese and whatever else was on it. I thought I might not have rice and beans for one meal today after all but when Alicia asked if we were to have rice too. Otoniel responded with “Si no hay arroz, no hay comida. Si no hay frijoles, no hay comida.” I couldn’t have come up with a more perfect quote for this blog. So even though I thought for sure I would not be eating rice and beans with my pizza, when the bowl of rice and the bowl of beans were sitting right in front of me, I succumbed to them. What can I say?

No comments:

Post a Comment