Monday, May 31, 2010

BBQ at the pool




Just woke up. It is 8:10, the latest I have slept so far. Yesterday was sooooo much fun. I went outside at 7:20am, sat on a rock by the street and waited for the big yellow bus that was supposed to drive by. When it came I waved it down. There was no one on it. Apparently I was at the beginning of the route cause there were literally three other people on it. As we rode along through Alto and then Bajo San Luis, the bus began to fill up until it was full of people laughing and talking and joking. After the was sufficiently loaded down with people and food, we were on our way. It was about and hour and half long trip. I sat with Alex, but was surprised at the number of people I knew besides him on the bus. It was a little unreal being on that bus full of San Luis locals on their way to a celebratory pot-luck and we didn’t feel the least bit out of place. Alex and I probably talked to more people than anyone else on the bus. We knew Lelo and his various family members we knew several of the kids from playing soccer in Bajo, we knew people from the eco-lodge…and the thing is about San Luis, if you know one person, you will meet twenty more, either of their family or their friends or just because people will come start talking with you. Rancho La Fe, which is a little recreational spot kind of in the middle of nowhere is where we spent the whole day. It was quite a change from San Luis. It was hot, sunny and there were palm trees and mango trees. It was lie a vacation from San Luis, which is such a funny concept. There was a pool and a restaurant/bar area and a soccer field. We spent the day playing in the pool, playing soccer and eating BBQ. It was a ridiculously fun way to spend our day off. We arrived at about 9:30 and left at 6:30 (when it got dark). After 9 hours in the sun, eating, drinking and playing soccer, I was just as tired and beat up as if I had a hard day of work, but it was worth it. I got back to the house at around 8:15, Alicia fixed me a late dinner and after tending to my latest blister, I went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment