Saturday, May 22, 2010

Bowl number 31




The rains came. It has been cloudy and thundering off and on for the lat few days and it has even rained a little but yesterday the sky finally opened up. It had started raining while I was at the eco-lodge. When it calmed down a little bit, I decided I should head back since I didn’t have a rain jacket or anything with me. I my computer and camera in a trash bag that I got from the kitchen ladies. Seconds after I started up the trail I heard a roar. I practically ran un the hill, knowing that it didn’t matter anyway, I was gonna get soaked and I was. I walked up to the house, pulled off my sopping tennis shoes and socks tried to ring out my hair and clothes as much as possible before entering the house. Geovanny had just gotten back and both laughed when I came in dripping and panting. I changed out of my clothes and changed into a sweatshirt and shorts (nothing feels better than changing out of wet clothes into soft dry ones, and joined them in the living room. We all had our afternoon snack and coffee. After a short while Eduardito walked up with his rain jacket and umbrella. I hadn’t seen Eduardo since last year but had talked to him on Geovanny’s skype a couple of times. Eduardito is a 14-year-old neighbor that is always ready to go have fun doing random things with me. Last year, we built pools in the river, threw rocks at guavas, played soccer with his cousins, had a guayaba war, etc.. He is in classes right now but his vacation starts in a couple of weeks. It rained pretty hard for a lot of the afternoon so we all(Lilian, Eduardito, Geovanny and I) just messed around the house. We had pillow fights, watched a little T.V. danced a little. After Geovanny left to work Lilian, Eduardito and I played Frisbee for a little while. We played in the front yard and we were literally inside of the clouds. Everywhere you looked was white. You could only see vague outlines of the mountains and the trees. After dinner, Eduardo and I played hang man, and drew pictures but eventually ran out of things to do. He said we should go hike around in the dark. I said ok and he said no really and I said ok and he said no really I’m serious and I said ok let’s go and he said let’s go, so I got up and we went. We didn’t really know where to go so we hiked down the trail to the eco-lodge. It was really cool looking at night. It was pitch black except for the distant lightning that you could see through the trees. At one point an owl flew right over our heads. It landed on a low branch right above us and stayed there for a while, while we looked at it before flying away. A few moments after we got back home it started POURING down rain again. Pretty good timing. The rest of the night consisted of hanging out with Geovanny and Eduardito. Edurdito even gave me a brief History lesson about a famous Costa Rican battle that he had studied in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment